As you may know, the stock Corvette C5 & C6 seats side bolsters do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster seat foam tears where it contacts the steel seat frame and quickly goes flat. In addition, the steel support wires in the center area cut into the foam and cause the seat to sag and pinch around the hip area. The leather looks baggy and deep wrinkles soon appear.
Our seat repair kit corrects the seat design defect where there is no support under the side bolsters and the center wires. While new seat foam is available, it is very expensive and still does not correct the design defect, so the problem will quickly return.
You may be able to source the material yourself, but our kit has the necessary materials cut to the right size and shape, so there is no wasted time or materials. The kit also includes detailed, step-by-step instructions with photos.
· High density industrial-grade foam as highlighted below.
· Tough, wear resistant Ballistic nylon fabric to repair the cut foam.
· .25 inch jute pad to make the seat firmer
· Zip ties to replace the metal hog rings.
· Detail step-by-step instructions with photos
· Packaged and ready to ship
· NO special tools are required.
Note: Spray glue is NOT included. We recommend using 3M Super #77 or #90 or equivalent, which is available at any home improvement or crafts store.