Corvette Belt Tensioner - Billet Aluminum : 1997-2004 C5 & Z06
COMP Cams® Belt Tensioner With Idler Pulley For GM LS Passenger Car Engines Innovative tensioner reduces belt resonance to ensure belt won’t slip off at high rpm
Regardless of whether your application is high performance street or all out race, knowing that your accessory belt will stay in place at high rpm is extremely important. The new COMP Cams® Belt Tensioner with an Idler Pulley fits all GM LS passenger car engines, including LS1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 and features a higher pulley sidewall so your serpentine belt always stays in place. The belt tensioner features lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum billet construction and is black anodized to be an attractive and functional addition to any LS passenger car engine.
The COMP Cams® Belt Tensioner with Idler Pulley replaces the stock LS engine unit but uses the factory drive belt. Best of all, the unit is assembled and torqued at the factory for quick and easy installation.
The new system does not require disabling the stock tensioner and keeps the correct tension on the belt, regardless of the demand. This component is not designed to work with LS truck engine applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Belt tensioner fits all GM LS1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 passenger cars (not applicable for truck engines) to keep serpentine belt in place
- Ensures that belt stays put at high rpm through use of higher pulley sidewall design
- Superior, lightweight design & black anodized finish
- Comes assembled and torqued with tall flange pulley for easy installation
- Uses factory drive belt but doesn’t require disabling stock tensioner
- Keeps correct tension no matter the demand